Anita Magdalena

Anita Magdalena

Friday, 15 November 2013

Smoldering Embers~






  
  
Emotion like a shift in wind direction 
a silent flutter through the layers of pain 
dancing on the smoldering embers 
              amongst a bed of ashes 
  
  
  
petulant upon my frayed edges 
here on the rocks our time has landed 
           slick as I slip losing my grasp 
becoming lax in my effort to even try 
  
  
  
morning leaves nicotine prints 
        on disappearing aromas 
attempting to impersonate my sorrow 
the sun dazzling my eyes mocking me 
  
  
  
In strict silence I strip the order of woe 
                scorn it with my mind blade 
                     in stealthy determination 
                     surreptitiously I cut it out 
  
  
  
A mob of sparrows perch in my view 
cheery in their distracting hearty troll 
as if paradise is halfway across 
                             my bleeding heart 
  
  
  
extortion fresh in the palm of my hands 
luminosity fading fast from my space 
I bury my face in my bedraggle pillow 
     where fresh tears play out a story 
  



Written by Anita Wakeham.........